
We have a new addition to our house: a new chair for Mom. She likes to sit in her room and read or say the rosary part of every day and, heretofor, has been using a nice little glider with a footstool that glides as well. As you can see in the photo above, however, the footstool has become a second side table because movement is harder and getting in and out of the chair with that in front of it was tricky. Lately, though, it has become more difficult for Mom to push herself to a standing position from the glider because it moves. So, yesterday, I found another chair for her at Staples. It is very secure and the padding is quite comfortable; I was persistent about trying that out in the store...alot...for a long time. Don and I both checked out regular furniture stores as well, but this was still the winner for comfort and for fitting Mom's short stature. She is quite tickled over the purchase, but Ellie feels quite suspicious of the new chair and is sure that the only redeeming feature is the box it came in.

2 comments:
Grammy looks happy ans comfy in her new chair! I must say, so does Ellie, in her new box. I wonder how long it will take Ellie to keep Grammy's chair warm for her, when she is not using it. LOL
Thanks for commenting, BirdLegs! It's nice to hear a reaction from someone. Normally, it wouldn't take Ellie long to take over the chair, but Mom says she just sits on the floor and stares at this one. I'm wondering if she is put off by the cold and slippery leather seat...
Post a Comment