I took Mom back to her house for two nights and three days of gardening. My mission was to make a dent in the overgrown flowerbeds and thoroughly water the yard and flowers. We had some warning from family and neighbors that much needed to be done, but it was still a sad shock to see how tall and thick the weeds were and how patchy, overgrown, and dotted with milkweeks the grass was. These pictures don't begin to show how dismal it looked. This was the first time that I felt it looked uncared for. I felt bad for Mom as we drove up and resolved to throw myself into the task and not let her sidetrack me with inside jobs. As soon as we were unloaded and she was settled inside I began. Thankfully, reinforcements started coming the next day.
Rock Garden
Back Yard
Front Yard
No comments:
Post a Comment