Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Salute Italia

Venice & Rome

Here is my final email. Again I have no idea where I last left off especially because this computer won't let me go to my blogspot to check. So bear with me:

Yes, Florence was unanimuously not our favorite. It was hot and muggy and caused crankyness. The last night was finally cooler, however we were both glad to be on our way to Venice. Venice was amazing. The water was gross and it smelled, but in comparison to Florence anyway, it was paradise. Our moods immediately changed and we were instantly intrigued by its nooks and crannies. I dragged J to a couple of modern museums. This was my favorite in part because it was the latest things that I have gone over in my Art History courses. It was also a nice change of pace to everything that we have seen here. I respect their motives more than the artists during the renaissance period, but I will respect the artists of that period more than I ever will the modernists. Either way, it was exciting to see. Our hotel was awesome in that we could open our window and instantly see a small side canal which gondaliers were continuously using. The whole concept of seeing water right up to the bottoms of doors was just plain wild! We did tons of walking around and still checked out the neighboring islands. This was definitely an awesome city to end in. I think mainly because it did not feel like a city. Overall, I have instantly fallen in love with all the places that do not feel like cities. They are the ones that I will remember forever. Jen left early this morning to catch her plane. I, however, stayed behind and enjoyed the day. Again it was odd to be by myself. Nonetheless, I walked all over Rome. I just recently had my last and my favorite Italian meal of Tortellini Bolognese (sp?), of course complimented with a glass of red wine. Drawing and writing ensued. I will definitely miss this life of doing whatever I feel whenever I feel, but unfortunately a part of me is ready to take what I learned and apply it to my own life. Watch out people because I'm comin' back! Feel free to give me a call after Wednesday of your time! I hope all are doing well. Keep, Keepin it real!

D (kirbs)

No comments: