Monday, January 12, 2009

Artsy Fartsy

Daughter D and I have been working on some fun projects. The first two were done on wood using photographs, acrylic paint, and a high gloss epoxy. The resulting craftwork looks convincingly like ceramic tiles.
What looks like 4 framed and grouted tiles in the above photo is actually a photograph I took from the window of our hotel in Venice that has been applied to a single, routered board. (Familiar scene, Uncle L.?)

These angel pictures were also applied to 4-inch MDF board tiles, but look like ceramic tiles after the epoxy is poured and cured. I put a thin layer of cork on the bottom so that they can be used as coasters.

D, of course, went one better and painted actual ceramic tiles before finishing them in the epoxy. Aren't the colors beautiful?! They will soon be available to internet consumers, along with her other art projects. Stay tuned for the announcement of her etsy.com site once she has it ready.

No comments: