Sunday, May 18, 2008

GYPED IN ANACAPRI, SCAMMED IN NAPOLI, & ITALY HAS GIVEN ME THE RUNS

Anacapri, Napoli, & Roma
Hey peeps


Just another friendly update. I don't remember where I left off. My last day in Sorrento I decided to take a day trip to Anacapri and experience the Blue Grotto. I'm pretty sure that it is run by the mafia as there is a head boat that does not break face, holding what seriously looks like the godfather, the son and the muscle. They are the boat that you give your money too. The grotto was a slight disappointment, but still cool to see, nonetheless. I also decided to check out the center of the island, but did not realize that it would take over half my body weight to get there. I'm close to finding out which step will be the death of me and I'm still at the beginning of my trip! Nonetheless, I met up with a nice couple and we hoofed it all the way up to timbuktu. Let’s just say that a glass of wine definitely ensued! This is where I experienced my first sitting charge. €6. Seriously.

I was definitely looking forward to J coming but was nervous about the meeting part. I awoke at 5 am to make the trek. I made it to Napoli, only less than half way, 34 stops later. I finally made it to Rome, but and the meeting part was not so easy. I had issues with the map and I admit I was pretty cranky; hot, sweaty, and still hauling all of my crap on cobblestoned roads. Despite all odds, sweat beads of frustrations, and only minutes to spare by our last meeting time, I made it! I know, I didn't think I would either.

We've been hoofin' it everywhere ever since. We are going to turn in for an early night, since today is our biggest day in Roma. However, we have still been able to see the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Borghese Gallery, and most importantly Gelato. We decided that should be our early morning brunch as a kick start to the day.

Anyway, I am interested to hear what you all are up to! I love getting your emails, it makes me feel like I'm not so far out of the loop. Well, I am in FREAKIN' ITALY though, so you know...

D

No comments: