It all started at PDX. The trip we'd been anxiously awaiting for 3 months. My wonderful boyfriend d. stopped by to wish us a safe trip and bought us our first margaritas! (haha, and sneak in one last kiss before I vacationed with out him... no worries - I've decided to make it up to him by going to Hawaii with him in September - I know, I'm so sweet!)
This would be the 3 of us (me, k. & m.) - at the airport after a very long 5 hour work day that would not end quickly enough! (Note the transformation that takes place from "work us" to "Vegas" us... )
k. & myself wandering around the MGM (where we stayed) our first night. Not quite sure what we were pondering, but it was obviously very important.
View from the bridge between MGM & New York, New York
Our first night "out" we went to Jet at the Mirage- it took us quite awhile to get in this night, however it's okay because this is where it all began... we never again had to wait even 5 minutes.
View from my pool chair at MGM.

Cute kitty!! The lions were often sleeping when we went by the habitat, but this time they were wide awake and very playful!
This would be us while we were up on stage with Akon while he performed at Rehab. Vegas is all about who you know and who friend m. flirts with apparently. haha. We had ZERO warning we were going to be on stage, we had just planned for a grubby, lazy afternoon at the pool.
Wow were we misinformed!! After being led straight through 4 security points and up to the stage, we began to feel just sightly unprepared. On stage were roughly 25 celebrities and maybe 12 or so of "us"... "Okay ladies, there's a fruit platter out right now, I'll go grab you drinks and if anyone bothers you - just let me know and I'll take care of it. Oh, and chicken fingers will be coming out soon too."
Ah, yes - the beautiful backside of Akon. Sorry it's not a picture of his face, but you know - it's rather difficult to get that angle when you're busy dancing on stage behind him...

McDonalds was our hero. Our days usually started around 11:00am, and by the time we were down at the pool we were drinking daiquiris and often forgot to eat until just before we went out each night.
After the party ended we rushed back to our hotel room to fancy up and then turn around and go back to watch Cirque Du Soleil's 'O'. In this photo we're with Mark - he teased us from day one because we were always wearing high heels - even when we walked 2 miles down the strip!
I really like this dress, so I figured I'd show it off by posting another picture.
Fountain show to the tune of "Viva Las Vegas"

Monday was our last full day in Vegas (day 5 of 6) - and we decided to spend it browsing through all of the casinos, hotels and of course, shopping!

Most important stop of the day was for Godiva chocolate. Mmm.

Gondola ride through the Venetian.

These margaritas were almost as good as the BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger I ate.

Monday night we went to Prive at Planet Hollywood - interesting place. Good times.

How many shoes does it take for 5 nights? Hmm...

Grabbed some very greasy, yet very delicious Wolfgang Puck pizza at the airport before heading home.
Officially survived 5 nights, 6 days in Las Vegas. Never paid a cover, only bought 3 drinks the entire trip, had a table each night and if I forgot to mention - danced on stage with Akon!
1 comment:
That's an obscene number of shoes, Sarah...but Grammy would be so proud of you!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment